Saturday, September 25, 2010

It Always Happens To Me x3

If you regularly tune into overgrown thoughts then you will be aware of the following about my car

Name: Ol' Betsy
Miles: ~150,000
Tires: Go flat all the time
Oil: Recently changed
Breaks: Recently went out completely
Driving Record: Not amazing

I'm sure I'm forgetting some key aspects so I would recommend reviewing it always happens to me and it always happens to me x2. I might even advise reading up on just my luck and road rage.  And of course there was the whole break & roter incident, which I couldn't even bring myself to talk about.

Well, It Always Happens To Me x3 is my latest addition to car troubles and here is what happened just today. . .

I woke up feeling well rested and ready for an adventure. I decided it was time to treat myself to something new and shiny - after all, I deserve it for all the hard work I do. As I quickly slid into a pair of pants and tee, I gobbled up some lunch, and headed out the door for my expedition to the mall (1hr drive).  I remembered I needed to return a movie to the RedBox at Walmart so I decided to make a pit stop.

As I was pulling into Walmart my temperature gauges started to go besurk. Instantly it was at 290degrees (red zone) and my "check gauges" was flashing, as too was my low coolant light. I eased into a parking spot to find that all of my coolant was GONE. Not a drip left. With head held high, I marched into walmart and bought some DexCool 50/50 ($12) and some toothpaste (not related to the car incident).

I popped the hood and filled Ol' Betsy up. At this point I was becoming a little weary of continuing my expedition due to the fact that I did not want to get stranded an hour from home. I started up the engine, slowly pulled out of the parking lot as I decided if I should go left (home) or right (mall). As I patiently waited at the stoplight my gauges began to dance up and down, my coolant light came back on, and the leak continued. My mind was made up. . .

Left. I called papa kunk, who was not all that reassuring. He began to list several things that could be wrong - none of which I had any clue what they were. So much for my trip to the mall. No longer was my head held high as a lone tear trickled down my cheek.

Ol' Betsy is now sitting out front, awaiting an expectation from papa kunk. What will the outcome be? A new hose? water pump? radiator? a kick in the rear? or a trip to the dump?

No comments:

Post a Comment