Monday, September 6, 2010

Funky Feces?

Saturday I went on an excursion to the Brookfield Zoo. It has been roughly 4 years since my last trip there. While I was there I learned a few things . . . The giraffes still have long necks. The elephants are still gray. And the monkey house still reaks.

As simple as those statements may seem - I actually love the zoo. The entire time I was there I couldn't get this childhood favorite by Raffi out of my head. . .



My favorite zoo animal has always been the monkeys (okay sometimes the giraffes). Monkeys are interesting the way they use their tails to swing about from limb to limb. I wish I had one to keep me entertained on rainy days - a tail, not a monkey. Aside from my favorites though, there were a few animals that intrigued me.

The Okapi is one of them. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a mix of a zebra and a horse or what. It sure was interesting though.

Unfortunately the Dolphin show was sold out so we didn't get a chance to check that out. We did, however, get tickets to Stingray Bay. I had pretty high hopes for this attraction considering I had swam with the stingrays in the Caymen Islands. Apparently at brookfield they frown against you taking your clothes off and taking a dip with the stingrays. So here is a picture from Caymen Islands May 2009. It was a blast!


While we were there I saw a 5 pelicans that were rescued from the Gulf Coast after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill (thanks a lot BP). They took the birds and gave them permanent homes at Brookfield zoo. They can no longer fly due to damage from the oil. Read more about them here

At the zoo I was able to see all types of fury friends, feathered faces, and hair humans (seriously)! The only thought I have to leave you with is. . . Going To The Zoo Zoo Zoo. How About You You You??

1 comment:

  1. Jealous. By the way, I just found a bunch of those Cayman pictures when I was cleaning last night. I think we have ESP...N or something.

    ReplyDelete