Saturday, September 25, 2010

rowdy and rambunctious

There's a time in every girls life when she needs to just sit back and smell the roses. This is also known as people watching. Some prefer to call it "judging". I however, prefer to call it a good ol' night at The Red Apple.

Let me tell you how it all began. . . It was a Friday night. Tonight actually. Initially a night of hope and wonder full of what ifs and how abouts. But, then a friend didn't call me back for OctoberFest, I got uninvited to dinner at my own parents house, no partying with the big Dog, and suddenly I was all alone eating ramon noodles and doing paperwork. Yikes! Is this what my life has come to??

Then suddenly I heard it loud and clear. Almost as if it was ringing right next to me. Oh Wait! It WAS ringing right next to me, and it was my phone. As I peered down to the caller ID I saw it was none other then my 1 of a kind, crazy friend Kelly (whose name has been changed to protect the innocent). Kelly is one of those lively, full of spunk, energetic type of people... exactly what I was looking for on a lonely Friday night.

Well, Kelly and I decided to wander into the great unknown. We first ventured into The Red Apple for some breakfast (at 10pm). I FINALLY got to use my line on somebody.

Waitress: How do you want your eggs?
Me: Fertilized.

It was hysterical. I ordered BBQ sauce for my eggs. I insisted that the waitress tell me ALL the drinks they have available, and to top it off, Kelly and I were the only ones in the restaurant who weren't missing any teeth.

After a delicious drink of water (yes that is what I settled for), and a belly full of warm food we decided to head out to the bar and play some darts and shoot some pool. Apparently darts is more my game and pool is more Kelly's. Either way, we had a ball.

The best part was being the completely sober one in a bar on a Friday night. We found a few lady friends who apparently think all guys are "complete idiots". We shared some "man bashing stories". And watched the girls stumble about in their much to tall of heels. I wonder how many times I've been "that" girl. Not my cup of tea.

So - I'll take a drink and put my pinky up to good times, flat shoes, and a whole lotta booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment