Thursday, September 16, 2010

Politics? ¡Ay, caramba!

As many of you may know by now I enjoy keeping things Simple. Plain. Easy going. Light Hearted. Or, at least the idea of those verbs entrigues me. In reality though . . . I get bored easily. I like to stay Busy. Occupied. Engaged. Energetic.

While I am "busy" I dont typically find the time to watch CNN or the 10 o'clock news, nor do I attempt to make the time. Is it so wrong that I didn't know about hurricane katrina until days later? Or an earthquake in Haiti? - A war in iraq? I've never heard of such a thing.

In reality, the news bothers me. It gets me worked up. I figure I know enough people that somebody will inform me of anything critical. Perfect example. . . Tonight I found out from a friend that there were 2 gang shootings in my town a few nights ago. Had i known about this 2 nights ago, I wouldn't have been sleeping. However, now that it is done and over, I can sleep soundly again. Make sense? No? Didn't think so.

Back to the point at hand. A few months ago I came across the following billboard. See previous post Obama vs Bush
Well today while driving along in my automobile (my baby beside me at the wheel) I came across a new billboard, which has taken Bush's place of honor. I giggled all day about this one. . .

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of making fun of Obama, nor Bush. I feel we should be respectful of our president regardless. However... You have to admit. It's creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment