Thursday, January 6, 2011

Agitated Ailments

As noted in previous blog posts - ill, sick, or just downright dirty  - I tend to get the strangest of "diseases". My body has undergone some very interesting and peculiar changes over the years, and no, I'm not just referring to puberty. I'm referring to the swollen lip, stinging tongue, wart, moles, ringworm, anonymous bleeding, platinum blonde hair, waxy ears, and growing pains to name a few. Naturally this list could go on and on. Attracted to me yet?

But aside from all my ailments I get stomach aches. Intense, bending over, throwing up stomach aches. At one point I thought for sure they were related to the back aches. Then I decided they were related to the abnormal bleeding. Do worms make your stomach hurt? What about mold? For awhile, it was a sure mystery.

And then there is the drama. Add a little stress. And you have a nice mess. I am a generally anxious person. Not many people know this, but I feel like we know each other well enough for me to divulge my little secret. I get anxious about public speaking, going to a new restaurant, what I'm going to talk to people about at a party, calling to order a pizza. Heck, I even get anxious about being anxious. At times I have physically made myself ill because I was so anxious about doing something. At lease then I don't have to participate. Sounds childish? Sounds perfect to me.

I can barely pee is public restrooms. I pick my nails. And I spend sleepless nights laying awake in bed thinking about the worst possible things that could happen the following day. Surprised? I hide it well.

I've been offered drugs (medication), alcohol, numerous "coping skills", a dog, even a sleeping buddy. None which seem both appropriate and effective. Oh what to do, what to do. I have found that vacuuming at 2am or having a dance party at 3am is not something the neighbors enjoy; however, you can be very productive at those hours. So I guess I'll continue to toss and turn, count to 10, and use the "bull-dozing" technique until I find a more effective way to deal with my agitated ailments.

1 comment:

  1. You sweet thing! Welcome to the club. Consider yourself hugged, and loved. Any chance we could have a date, say the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete