Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goodnight Moon

The mysterious sleep disturbance has been solved. No more sleeping for 3 hours a night or waking up every hour. How did I solve the problem? Easy as 1, 2, 3.  Allow me to explain.

It has been exactly 1 year since I moved to my apartment. As of 7 days ago I still had boxes to unpack and limited decorations hanging up. Why? Because I want to move. If I were to decorate, that's like saying I'm staying here -permanently. No way Jose. I don't like the idea of anything that's permanent. Other then sharpies.

Well, last Sunday I broke down and did some decorating and rearranging in my bedroom. I hung up some photos and added a bit of flare. And TaDa! 7 days of  perfect sleep. Undisturbed.

Speaking of a good nights sleep....

In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of--
The cow jumping over the moon
and there were three little bears, sitting on chairs
and two little kittens and a pair of mittens
and a little toy house and a young mouse
and a comb and a brush and bowl full of mush
and a quiet old lady who was whispering "hush"
Goodnight room
goodnight moon
goodnight cow jumping over the moon
goodnight light and the red balloon
goodnight bears goodnight chairs
goodnight kittens goodnight mittens
goodnight clocks and goodnight socks
goodnight little house and goodnight mouse
goodnight comb and goodnight brush
goodnight nobody goodnight mush
and goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush"
goodnight stars, goodnight air
goodnight noises everywhere.

Thanks Erin for reminding me of the joys of children's literature.

2 comments:

  1. The other day, I found a box containing all of my childhood books. There is really some quality literature in there: The Giving Tree, Love You Forever, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, and The Stink Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is settled then...Your officially staying in Sterling, in your apartment, forever! I better get a housewarming gift!

    ReplyDelete