Sunday, January 22, 2012

smoking kills? who woulda thought. . .

Growing up we never had comcast or dish network. We got the news channels of 4, 6, and 8. We also had fox 18 which had Saturday morning cartoons. And lastly we were able to get reception for channel 35, which was the religious channel.

Although I don't now, nor would I have called myself an avid TV watcher as a child I do vividly remember seeing several anti-smoking commercials. I'm not sure who sponsored them and I don't think they had any effect on my choice to smoke or not. What I can recall though is the teenage boy turning into a giant fish head while standing at his locker in attempts to pick up a hot chick and light one up. I attempted to find this clip on you tube, but no such luck.

Although I couldn't find the ad I was looking for.... I definitely stumbled across some very "interesting" anti-smoking ads, which I felt the urge to share. . . No I'm not lecturing you on smoking.




The reason that smoking is on my mind is because it has taken me about 2 weeks to fully unpack from my trip to Mexico. While doing so, I found a "stash" of cigarettes that I "found" (aka stole off a table). No, I did not have the intention of smoking them, but I found the packing oh so interesting. Check it out. . .



I'm fairly confident that cigarettes in the U.S do not state this information so bluntly, which is why it caught my eye.. but either way in case you were wondering

SMOKING KILLS

Thank you captain obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment