Friday, January 27, 2012

Dear Jesse White

Dear Jesse White,

I have somewhat diligently followed your rules of the road safety instructions.

I may have had the occasional rolling stop.

It is plausible that I sent a  "quick" text message which prevented me from keeping my hands in the "10-2" position.

I might have used my cell phone in a work or school zone, but it fit my definition of an emergency.

And my backup light is possibly burnt out.

Ok. . . So maybe I'm not the best driver in the 4-country area, but did I really deserve to get rear ended yesterday? I mean after all I was just sitting at a stoplight minding my own business.

Just add it to the list of injuries for ol' betsy. As for this body? I'll just walk it off.

After she (thank you for giving girls a bad driving rep) struck my bumper we pulled over in the nearest parking lot. She was in tears and sobbing hysterically. I felt sorry for her (that's the social worker in me) so I told her not to worry about it. Nothing major and I didn't have time to wait around for a police report. . . Not my most responsible move, but lets face it, I only had 329 days until the end of the world (or so the Mayans think) and I really didn't want to waste it on a police report.

So we went our separate ways, which was actually the same way since we were on a 1-way street. The interesting part of the story is that I was actually on my way to the police department for work. So I can only imagine her thoughts when she saw me turn my blinker on and ease into the police parking lot. Karma.


No comments:

Post a Comment