Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A.M.P.U.T Double E

As many of you may have come to realize by now I have trouble sleeping. Lately I have been making it a habit (like clockwork actually) to wake up at 3:30am.I am up, alert, and ready for something thrilling to happen.

Thus far, there hasn't been too much action at 3:30am. Until today that is. Today I decided to be productive. This including registering for summer graduate classes as well as  planning out my fall semester.  I mean, after all, it was only 11:30pm in Hawaii and people were probably still partying. Figured registering for classes was the least I could do.

However, after a short time, I became bored with this task (as I often do) and decided to instead engage in one of my more passionate past-times - wandering aimlessly around the Internet at the click of a single button. Well today I came across something rather inspiring that I would like to share.


This is a photo of Josh Sundquist. He was just nine years old when his left leg was amputated due to bone cancer. He took up skiing at age 13, and was a member of the 2006 U.S. Paralympic Ski Team. Josh is also the founder of a social networking site for amputees, LessThanFour. And he wrote a best selling book called  Just Don’t Fall: How I Grew Up, Conquered Illness, and Made it Down the Mountain.

Many of you who are less sheltered then I may have already been aware of this but that’s not all. Did you know that Sundquist is a rapper, a dancer, and a wit? I am very thankful that I cannot relate to this on a more direct level, however, I thought it was pretty inspiring. Plus, I thought the rap was pretty catchy. How awesome to have such amazing accomplishments AND a sense of humor at the same time!

 The Amputee Rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment