Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh how many feet you meet.

 I have some hidden talents that many of you may not be aware of. We will keep it this way. However, I feel that you probably know enough of my overgrown thoughts for me to share with you the fact that I have enormous feet.  9 1/2 to be exact - on a good day/in a good pair of shoes.

Nowadays I call this bragging rights. Although years ago this was not the case. Back in my younger days I frequently got picked on for my large shoe size and "frodo feet".

And then. . . I remember reading The Foot Book By: Dr. Seuss and my world began to change. Suddenly I was proud of my left foot, right foot, feet feet feet, oh how many feet you meet. I would practice my slow feet, quick feet, trick feet, and sick feet.

 Needless to say, I had the entire book memorized, which was a feat or should I say feet (no pun intended) considering I remember crying when being forced to learn to read (thanks mom for sticking with me).

Nowadays, I strut my stuff proudly. I've learned to accept that my large and in charge feet can do many things that the individuals in "Little People, Big World" cannot do (no offense, but its a great comparison). For example, I am great at picking things up with my toes, receiving foot massages, and tight rope walking. Okay, so I may have lied about the tight rope walking, but I am definitely adding it to my bucket list.

And thanks to my lack of ability to fall asleep and too much time on my hands. . . I will do my tight rope walking in style... or at least with trashy neon green, with purple tips, and hideous pink flower toenails.

No comments:

Post a Comment