Thursday, February 10, 2011

in need of a 'lil comic relief

I've spent a significant amount of time looking for a comic that illustrates a water leak. When you plug the hole with your finger another leak sprouts. Soon you are using both hands and feet to plug holes, as well as your tongue and any other means you find necessary. Does this make sense at all? Well it makes sense to me so I wish I could have found the comic so you could fully understand as well. No such luck.

I feel like my life is a bathtub. Okay, more like the Hoover Dam. As soon as I find the necessary tools to fix one leak/problem, another one sprouts. Or just as I am almost done repairing the hole, it becomes larger so I am forced to find a more permanent fix. Apparently the juicy fruit gum or mermaid band-aid isn't going to make the cut. And no this does not have anything to do with a hole in my tire or any other mechanical part on Ol' Betsy that has recently gone wrong. The strange rumbling noise when I accelerate is an entirely different story, worth it's own posting, and is yet to come.

So why all the hype? Whats the point? Great question. I wish I had a permanent fix or at least an ace bandage that might hold for longer then a day or two - But I don't. So in the meantime, I guess I will pull out my old magic 8 ball and see which of the 20 responses I end up with and live my life accordingly.

● As I see it, yes
● It is certain
● It is decidedly so
● Most likely
● Outlook good
● Signs point to yes
● Without a doubt
● Yes
● Yes – definitely
● You may rely on it
● Reply hazy, try again
● Ask again later
● Better not tell you now
● Cannot predict now
● Concentrate and ask again
● Don't count on it
● My reply is no
● My sources say no
● Outlook not so good
● Very doubtful

No comments:

Post a Comment