Sunday, August 8, 2010

Neglectful? - I think not.

Dear Blog,

Sorry I have not written to you in some time. 11 days to be exact. I promise I have not been neglecting you intentionally, nor have I been cheating on you with another blog. Please hear me out without interruptions or objections.

Once upon a time (January 23rd 2010) I moved into my current apartment. I was debating signing up for comcast cable & internet because I am not a big television watcher; however, I am a huge internet user. Cable + Internet = $100 a month. I was debating if I wanted cable and internet or just internet.

Well. . . the "no" side of my debate quickly won because when I plugged my TV into the wall, I suddenly had 100's of channels. Why pay for comcast when I already have free cable?? I then attempted to log onto the internet and realized that "linksy" did not require a password. Sure, I wouldn't be doing any large credit card purchases without a secure network, but I can order those things elsewhere.

So, for the past 6 months and 16 days I have had free cable and internet. Correction, 6 months and 5 days. On July 27th, linksys decided to no longer connect to the World Wide Web. Could it possibly be due to the fact that my downstairs neighbors moved out? Damn. So the debate has resurfaced.

Blog, I'm sorry if you have felt neglected over the past few days. I hope you understand my predicament and will be able to find it in your heart to forgive me. Hopefully I will be up and running again soon and not having to use my work computer for my personal affairs.

Sincerely,
Emily

1 comment: