Tuesday, August 24, 2010

thumper the wise bunny

Today is the day that I realized how judgemental I am of other people. Should I stop thinking this way? Yes. Will I stop? Probably not. Will I share this new insight with you? Of course.

As far back as I can remember I have fought sleep. I believe this stems from my belief that something "exciting" is going to happen and I don't want to miss it. Or perhaps it is because I feel that "sleep is boring", as I have told my roommate several times late at night in the past.

Often at night when I am "fighting" the urge to fall asleep I will roam around the apartment, get out my binoculars to spy on the neighbors, or surf the web. My surfing around has led me to craigslist many a times. Usually I will search for a goodie for my apartment or even a fun class to take, but last night I decided to mix it up a little bit - Missed Connections.

As I began to read peoples tales of how they walked past a girl on the subway and knew it was meant to be or they saw a boy passing on his bicycle and they "locked eyes" I myself began to wonder if these people are in need of some serious help. I mean hello! Have they not heard about eharmony or match.com?? As these thoughts began to creep into my mind I realized that I was judging them - once again.

Perhaps I should sign up to to judge the largest pumpkin at the county fair or the 4H modeling show (I have experience!). Regardless, I should really stop judging people because I'm certain others could come up with lists miles long of all the foolish things I do.

I should really take Thumpers advice. He was wise beyond his years.
"If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all"

No comments:

Post a Comment