Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Got Cows

Do you ever feel like your living a scene from a movie? Like your a famous actor/actress getting paid the big bucks? As if you DVRed a scene and its on repeat? Or perhaps just stuck on pause?

Well I do. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movie Twister, but for those of you who are not I will give you a quick briefing. . . Twister is a 1996 disaster film starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton as storm chasers researching tornadoes. The two are married, however, in the process of a divorce. Bill Paxton's girlfriend Jami Gertz plays the role of a reproductive therapist. The following scene is when the 3 individuals are stuck in the middle of a twister on a bridge in a rural area. Enjoy!



Back to the point at hand... Yesterday, I felt as if I were the therapist in this exact (minus the bridge and the twister) scene. Let me paint the picture for you.

It was midday and I was traveling from one clients home to another. As I was driving in a rural area minding my own beeswax (aka in the middle of a phone call with a client) I began to slowly turn Ol' Betsy (my beautiful car) to the left to continue cruising around the S curve. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spotted a big black BEAST! Luckily the beast had a bell around its neck and I was able to identify the beast as a cow - since I do have training in this area.

As I came to a halt the beast ever so slowly walked into the middle of the road and just stared at me. A blank and helpless stare. To my client I stated "I gotta go - we got cows" and I quickly put Ol' Betsy in reverse and went to the nearby farmhouse to report the runaway. As I slowly pulled into the drive I instantly spotted numerous heaps of what some may refer to as "junk" others may call "treasure".

I approached the front door only to find the path blocked by a recliner. This was no ordinary recliner. This recliner was sitting outside, was completely backed against the door to ensure no entrance or exit. Oh? A Chair? Sure I'll have a seat!.....Well just kidding about the sitting down part...

Next I ventured to the back door, After knocking in a somewhat rhythmic fashion for several minutes I decided to stick my nose to the glass and take a gander inside. What did I find you ask? A porch stacked from top to bottom with "things". There was no way any individual could maneuver their way through these heaps of "treasures". 1 word describes the scene I encountered - Hoarder (refer to previous post).

Suddenly in my mind I imagined the following scene from Home Alone taking place....



Once this thought popped into my mind I took off running - Phone in hand, 911 on speed dial. I jumped in my car and pealed out of that place. Of course the farm girl and concern for others got the best of me. I decided to call the sheriff department and report the beast to them so they could handle it accordingly. Of course nobody answered.

After deciding that I had given it a good faith effort to get the beast back in it's pen I decided to continue on my journey along the country road. About a half mile up I spotted a farm spreading manure across the field. Of course I flagged him down to express my concern about the beast and the harm it could do to some poor passerby.

The farmers response? "Oh! That's Old' Betsy. I've Been Looking For Her For Weeks".
My Response? "Oh? That's My Cars Name Too".

And that story is a perfect example of how this little lady feels like a movie star on a day to day basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment