Saturday, July 3, 2010

One Crazy Night. . .

Every good night has a beginning. . . Mine started with asking my sister who Easton Corbin is? Say Who? Immediately she began to blurt out his recent hit "A Little More County Then That"... See video ...


Oh Him! Of course I knew exactly who he was. We proceeded to have a lengthy conversation about how he is the up and coming George Straight (in about 50 years of course). Would you like to go to his concert tonight for $5 she asked? Uh... Yah! I didn't have to think twice.

We (brother, cousin, and sisters) arrived at the concert a couple of hours before the show in order to ensure some good roaming around the fair time, and a few drinks of course. As the show began I elbowed my way to the 2nd row with another girl whom I had never met and I forgot her name, but we instantly became best elbowing friends and snuck our way up to the front.

The show was fabulous - minus a few set backs with the volume of the microphone. Things were going well until. . . . All the sudden he (easton) was hold my hand and pulling me up on stage! WHOOOOA! I'm slightly stage fright, but thanks to the margaritas I was ready to rock to say the least. I got a cowbell and a drumstick to bang around with. I'm horrible at tune, tempo, and controlling my volume and had never even heard the song before, but boy was it exciting! The behind the scenes guy told me I had to keep it "family friendly" otherwise I would have totally copped a feel. My sister did get a videorecording of the on stage action, which will be posted at a later date so keep your eyes peeled for it.

Naturally, after the show I had to get a t-shirt and get autographs. I found Easton at the front of the line, but had to track down the other band members to get their John Hancock's. How could the night get any better? Until all the sudden . . . Mr. Keyboarder asked me if I wanted to go get a beer. Uh, Hell Yeah I Wanted To! I thought that meant at the beer tent, but boy was I wrong. We went back to the tour bus and had a Corona, set off some fireworks, and enjoyed the campfire for a bit.

To top it off... He gave me his number (sorry Jeff). It was an unbelieveable night and I am completely aware that I sound like a groupie and I don't even care. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me, but hopefully my sister got a few shots along with the video. For those of you who are curious what this keyboarder/guitarist looks like here is a live video. He is the guy on the left playing backup.



Totally Worth It!

1 comment: