Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Spice, Apple Cider, & Haunted Houses!

Do you smell it? Did you catch a whiff? Aaaahhh - The sweet scent of falls aromas has been lingering outside my windows and drifting in the door. The weather this weekend was beautiful and ideal for a stroll through the park, or in my case - the cemetery.

There's something romantic about walking hand in hand with your significant other as the leaves fall around you. Theres something not romantic about walking hand in hand with your significant other along the river with trash strewn about. I often wonder if people in this town have heard of a garbage can? I get it - recycling is just too much work, but come on, is throwing things in the trash really that complicated?

After working 60 hours this week, I felt that leaving a little early on Friday was in order. Jeff came down early after finishing his insurance test so we decided to venture through the park, go out for dinner, and have a few drinks to celebrate. We somehow managed to run into the only girl in town that has mistaken me for a lesbian - time to go home.

Saturday and Sunday were both relatively relaxing. Watched some football (another reason I love the fall) The Illini had a great win over Penn State as too did the Bears pull out ahead. We played some tennis and basketball - Sorry for kicking your butt Jeff, but I'm a natural. And yes, we went for a walk in the cemetery. It was an interesting experience, but enjoyable none the less.

Tomorrow is the start of yet another week. Typically I would be moaning and groaning at the thought; however, Friday a very nice lady said that she can tell I love my job and "just think, your changing generations". I'm ready to go make a change and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment