Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Christmas is a spectacular time of year. The scent of freshly baked cookies, pine, and cinnamon that linger in the air. The houses decorated in lights. And of course the blow ups. . . Ah the blow ups. However, that is a  topic for a whole separate day.
Over the weekend I decided to do it. Put up a Christmas tree in my very own apartment. Luckily I had Jeff along for the ride who still managed to struggle with identifying which section was the middle and bottom. I did learn that they make directions for a reason. . . .
Unfortunately, I didn't have the nerve to go tracking out to a tree farm and cut my own down, but I did manage to capture this beaut.
The picture doesn't give our decorating job justice. I added some shiny cranberries and the balls have some special glitter and such on them that you cannot see in the picture. Regardless, I think we did good - 
Real Good.
During this process we did learn that my ceilings are exactly 7 and a 1/2 foot tall, which is why we had to bend the top a bit to get the star on top. Why is it that trees always look smaller outside your house?

3 comments: