Thursday, November 18, 2010

1...2...3.... ahhh stop! slow down.

Hey you! Yeah you! Shhhhh! Quiet! Want in on a little secret? Promise not to tell? Well, I've been having trouble sleeping for quite some time now. My mind wanders. It thinks of things. Good things. Bad things. Strange things. There is no stopping it once it gets started. I've tried a few tricks to help fall asleep, but so far - nada.

I've even tried the oldest trick in the book. Counting Sheep. The problem is. . . These sheep are smart. They always start to jump to fast so I can no longer keep track. Eventually they blend together and I get frustrated and stop. Odd, I know.

Anybody have any great sleep remedies that don't involve being heavily sedated or a warm glass of milk?

2 comments:

  1. having the same problem lately.. my mind just keeps going. can't sleep tonight because kurt is gone. i have the same issue with the sheep. i hate them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm shower or bath/ turn on heated mattress pad so that the bed gets all cozy and warm. Practice relaxing from head to toe when I get in bed... and then finally, pray... The Devil makes sure you fall asleep then!

    ReplyDelete