Monday, June 20, 2011

Reason's I'd Rather Be A Guy. . .

Looking back on my younger years I would pride myself in beating my brothers and sisters, cousins, and friends in an old fashioned running race. Believe it or not, these old turkey legs used to be able to beat all the challengers from near and far in a sprint around the ol' farm house. - Always barefoot.

20 years later I cringe as I tip toe across the gravel and would rather fight an ogre then step in an old cow pie, which wouldn't have phased me in the past had a warm one oozed through my toes.

At some point girls stop being gangley and taller then boys at the junior high dance (not that I attended any of those). I'm not sure when, as it seemed as if it happened over night, but all the sudden boys were tall, muscly, and I hate to say it - faster. It really doesn't seem quite fair that boys body's are genetically predisposed to be bigger and stronger.

Perfect example. I have been practicing my running skills for weeks now so I felt challenging the male couch potato was a sure win. Did I win you ask? - No! And it just doesn't seem fair.

Although....Come to think of it, I don't think that one minor minuet detail makes me want to trade in my privates. Especially after the experience I had just this afternoon.

I know many of you would not admit it, but I was peeing today while on my phone. I went to wash my hands and suddenly let out a LOUD yelp as I spotted an ENORMOUS black spider lounging around in my sink.

 I dropped my phone (not in the potty) and sprinted to the kitchen where I grabbed the first glass and captured the little bugger. As my above picture proves.

The pictures don't come close to giving this nasty little insect the justice that it deserves and I promise it seemed was 5X this size in real life. Upon capturing the 8 legged animal I realized how quick it was as it ran circles around the glass.

There was no way on earth I was letting this thing out of my site until I knew it was dead and being flushed down the potty. So I called that old couch potato who used his speed racer skills to hurry over and smash this spider to smithereens.

And yes, I stood there watching it until he arrived in order to ensure it would not escape. For if it escaped I knew there was no way I would be able to sleep soundly tonight.

So when it comes down to it- No, I would not rather be a guy. Guys may be bigger, stronger, and faster, but I do NOT want to be expected to kill scary insects. Especially ones with 8 legs. Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment