Friday, June 24, 2011

The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy - Unfortunately I couldn't embed this video into my blog for some unknown reason, but check it out so you know where I'm coming from! . . .

Ok, so maybe I am guilty of stealing wireless internet from my neighbors in the past. Is it really such a big deal? It isn't like comcast is running low on funds now is it? And just for the record, I am no longer getting "illegal internet".  I pay my bill like every other law abiding citizen.

A couple of months ago I received a phone call from comcast customer service asking to speak with "Ms Emily for a survey"... Naturally my response was "Sorry, my mom isn't here right now". And I have been avoiding that 603 area code ever since. -Ignore has become my new favorite button.

A couple of days ago I was feeling rather friendly so I decided to strike up a convo with Mr 603. He decided to offer me a cable box and 5x faster internet. Sure thing, come on out. And we scheduled an appointment for Thursday morning.

Well the cable guy came out, not quite Jim Carry, but still an interesting young man to say the least. He obviously doesn't have the skills of The Cable Guy because my DVR has not been working. So, today I decided to take a few minutes out of my evening and call to see what they could do.

Of course with my luck I managed to get the 1 asian man who barely spoke english and sounded as if he was munching on an egg roll while we spoke. 45 minutes later he thought it was fixed, which it was not so I decided it was time for me to have some cheap entertainment and the conversation took a sudden turn. . .

Me: Do you like Jeopardy?
Asian Cable Man: Oh yes, very much.
Me: I do too, I'm watching it right now. (asian accent)
Asian Cable Man: Very nice (asian accent)
Me: I'm going to quiz you
Asian Cable Man: Thank you for calling comcast. Good bye.

Apparently he wasn't very confident in his jeopardy skills. Grandpa Kunk would be so disappointed. Either way, my DVR still doesn't work. Hmph! Oh well, I don't watch TV anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment