Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cto5K

Ok, so maybe I'm not exactly a couch potatoe. In fact I don't even remember the last time I turned on my TV and I do enjoy getting activities done. However, my activities typically entail excursions to Mexico or trips to the mall. While taking clothes on and off the hanger may be a great upperbody workout, I don't think it qulaifies for my fitness regime any longer.

My sister Andrea has recently introduced me to a new running program Couch to 5K. Surprisingly, I made it past the first week with minimal side aches and still have the motivation to keep it up next week. So far, I like it because it isn't a program for the "crazies". You know the type, the ones who appear to be running constantly - running to get something off the shelf, running to the car, running to the bathroom, etc. . .

I got myself a new pair of kicks, which has decreased the tension in my legs drastically and makes me look pretty bad ass too.

Tomorrow starts week 2 and I'll be running marathons in no time... well maybe not, but a girl can dream eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment