Tuesday, December 14, 2010

adding insult to injury

As you may know, I spend a large portion of my day driving. Driving to work. Driving to Walmart. Driving to clients residences. Driving to schools. Driving home. Blah, Blah, Blah. Old Betsy can't take it much longer. She is falling apart - literally.

Refer back to my post throughout the past few months regarding my Chevy Cavalier if you need a refresher because this is solely an update on the most recent findings.

Last week as I was chit chatting with Mama Kunk, discussing my medical problems and grievances against me at work (aka a horrible, no good, very bad day), I eased into a parallel parking spot outside the high school. No, I did not give the car behind me a love tap. Instead, as I finished my conversation what did I do? Lock my keys in my car of course. Nice! Second time in a month.

Even more recently, I peered out my window to find that my drivers side mirror had a large gash straight down the middle. A large gash meaning a huge crack. Lovely, considering less then 3 months ago I had a handsome young whippersnapper change both of my damaged side mirrors for just under a hundred dollars.

At what point do you say your Clumsy? Forgetful?  Unlucky? Stressed? Or Stupid? And at what point do you just suck it up and buy a new car? Donations welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment