Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fancy Contraptions

My course of work takes me all over the place. Uptown, Downtown, Across town, Midtown, and sometimes to a good old fashioned dead end, which in this case I tend to pull over and take a quick power nap in order to keep my outlook on life fresh, gather my thoughts, and calmly remind myself why I do this to myself day after day.

Being out of the office for 90% of the day requires a lot of technology. Technology that I didn't even know existed during my preadult days. Computer chargers, phone chargers, ipod chargers, bluetooth, and of course my handy dandy verizon Internet card, which will allow me to connect to a secure network from any of the places around town that I frequently visit and even those that are not so frequent.

And what do I do with my new found technology you ask? Play with it of course. Luckily for me, using my verizon card I am able to stream pandora, facebook stalk, and even blog from time to time if I so choose to do so during the workday. Unluckily for me, typing progress notes while driving is apparently illegal (even if your stopped at a red light) as too is talking on your phone in school zones (oops).

One piece of entertainment that they can't slap a ticket on is a little gem that goes by the name of  "voicebox". Not sure if you've heard of it before, but they are an amazing investment! I have had mine for 24 years and I make sure to keep it in mint condition by exercising it regularly (aka belting out the wrong words to my favorite songs in the shower and car) and avoiding carcinogins (aka cigerettes and other toxic poisions).

Some voicebox's are more expensive then others and may be worth more in monitary value $$. Some come in high pitches and some deep. Some are friendly and some are shy. Some are loud and some are soft. Some have wise words of wisedom and, well, some don't.

Regardless of what type of voicebox you have, I recommend using it everyday. Use it to VOICE your opinion. Use it to EXPRESS yourself. Use it to make a STATEMENT. Use it to SING a song. Use it to COMMUNICATE. Use it to be UNIQUE.

Always use it in a POSITIVE fashion. Don't discourage. Don't judge. Don't be pesstimistic. Don't redicule.

And most importantly - Don't overuse. Always know when to turn this little contraption off and use your ears, which is another thing that is often underestimated.

I challenge you to: SPEAK UP about something that's important to you this week. You may change somebodies life in the process so make sure to LISTEN to those around you for you never know who your actions may affect.

2 comments:

  1. Did you copy that last part with all the capitalized words from your SASS manual?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: Note the time that I posted this
    2: I tend to ramble and often get sidetracked during a post and write about something totally unrelated to my initial idea
    3: Am I that good of a writer that I deserve a spot in the manual? Awesome. But No.

    ReplyDelete