Thursday, February 11, 2010

post numero uno

I don't know what came over me to begin a blog.
Boredom? - Perhaps. Taking somebodys advice? - Maybe. The need to "be heard"? - Doubtful.
Regardless of the reasoning I'll just get straight to the point for today which is adolescent boys making inappropriate comments.

To paint the pretty picture for you it was 8:30 on a Thursday night. I of course had nothing more important to do then go to Walmart in search of bagels. I had on too big of sweatpants, old lady shoes that I got from target for $3.25 on the clearance rack, a faded unofficial shirt from 2007, and my greasy hair pulled back in a pony tail. After tracking down the bagels I hear from further down the isle within a group of 5 adolescent boys "hey sexy, can I get your number?". I of course responded with a roll of the eyes and a response regarding the fact that they looked 12 years old. To this I got "OH MY GOD, are you PMSing. Ewe, you are". Sure I sounded grumpy, but I'm pretty certain about 30 seconds prior they were willing to take me home. How do things change and all the sudden I am PMSing? Obviously they felt rejected and now I was the butt of their jokes.

My shopping trip came to an abrupt halt, I waited in line for 10 minutes, paid for my bagels, and took my PMSing self home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment